Topic Brainstorm

Rama and Sita

I feel like this is a timeless story with lots of different twists and turns. I've been able to get a basic understanding of the story through some of the readings we've done in the class. This story is a classic and I think it would be fun to retell it in a new way. Maybe with a modern twist or a new perspective. The love story of the couple and the obstacles that they face set the stage for a very interesting story which I would like to dive deeper into.

Village Folktales of Ceylon.

Because this is the country my parents are from, I believe this would be a good topic to do a project on. I also feel like it's a topic that other students may not have used in the past. I think it would be a good way for me to learn more about my culture and the folktales that originated from the country. A few of the stories I've read in this class have mentioned Ceylon and I even wrote a story inspired by Goblin City. I would like to dig deeper into the subject and look forward to doing more research on it.

Loving Couples of the Ramayana

I like love stories in general, especially when there's lots of twists and turns to them. The love stories in the Ramayana are especially fascinating because of all the obstacles the couples have to face to be together. Many of the relationships portrayed involve a lot of drama and conflict. I like this because it shows that everyone has to go through hardships to get what they truly want. If I did this topic I would be able to write about Rama and Sita as well as other couples.

The Ramayana Told Your Way
This topic caught my attention because of how broad it is. There are many different ways to approach it and I think it would be a good topic for creative purposes. I can write it based on the styles I prefer and tell the stories in a way that I would like to see them written. I think that I'll also have a lot of resources for this one and a good understanding of it at the end of the year, especially after reading the Ramayana.

Rama and Sita. Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 13 Story: Gandhari's Story