My Storybook Favorites

Gossip Girl Ayodhya

Rama's Journey: Wikipedia

One of the stories I found interesting was Gossip Girl Ayodhya. I was drawn to this one because I'm a fan of the show Gossip Girl. Something that stood out to me was the way the narrator was involved in the whole story. From an outside perspective we were able to see the story unfold. The author blended modern concepts, like Tinder, with an ancient Indian tale about Rama and Sita. The introduction at the beginning of each section grabbed my attention as it set the stage for the drama to come. Overall I enjoyed this story thoroughly.

Lifelong Devotion

Image Information: Women performing Karva Chauth rituals in the Indian television show, Bidaai
Source: India-Forums

Another storybook that stood out to me was Lifelong Devotion.This storybook covered three different love stories at the time of the Karva Chauth festival. During this festival, women fast and pray for their husband and marriage.These stories emphasize the devotion of 3 different women to their husbands. I though this was interesting because the author showed us the ritual from3 different point of views in three different marriages. We can see that although everyone is at a different stage in their relationships and they have all been through hardships, in the end love and devotion can overcome these struggles. This piece was very well written and provided elaborate details and background information for every story. I believe we can all learn from these stories.

Rama and the Divine Bow: Source
I have always been a fan of King Arthur and Arthurian legends. That is why this story caught my eye. In this story the author ties in the tale King Arthur and the legend of Rama. The story takes place in the time of Rama's exile. Arthur and Rama join forced to defeat the demon king Ravana. I thought this was an interesting take on Rama's story because it combined two legends from completely different parts of the world. This story was well written and really painted a picture of what a meeting between these characters would be like. The author provided us with a fresh and creative view of an old tale.


Comments

  1. Hi Joanna,

    It is funny that you mention the Gossip Girl in Ayodhya story book. My sister actually made that one! She also loves Gossip Girl, and she had so much fun incorporating that into the story book project. I am also glad that I saw this post because I did not hear of the other two! There are so many so it was overwhelming! Those ones sound so cool as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 13 Story: Gandhari's Story