Story Lab: Crash Course

I chose to watch the crash course videos on Mythology because I thought it would give me more insight into myths and how they are created. One of the things I learned is that myths and religion are often confused. I also learned that although we view the word myth as something that is false, that doesn't mean it is. Myths are significant and have staying power. This is because of the deeper meaning and significance to them. I thought it was really interesting to see how some people use myths as primitive science to explain the creation of the world. There are so many different views and theories about myths and this series helped me understand more about it. I also learned about new stories that I had never heard before.
Myth vs. Fact


Bibliography:  Overview of Mythology

Comments

  1. Hey Joanna! I thought this post, where you explained the differences and aspects that are often confused between myths and religion, was really interesting. The concept of using myths as a way to explain the world’s truths was an interesting point, as I’m sure many people (with myself included) often tend to link a connotation of falsehood to the word “myth.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanna. I need to check out that Crash Course Mythology video. I have always been fascinated with mythology. I took a class called Vikings and we went over a bit of Norse Mythology, so it is interesting comparing the mythology from different regions and seeing how various creation stories have some similarities even though the environment and culture surrounding the myths are different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 13 Story: Gandhari's Story