Week 12: Story Lab

For my Story Lab I decided to read EmpoWord and the chapter on telling a story. It talks about how storytelling is often a part of our writing and thinking. It can be seen in things like music or science. When telling a story it is important to narrow your scope to include only the important details. Things like pacing are also relevant with it being important to give consideration to how much time each event is given. I also learned about the different POVs and the different techniques I can use. One thing that stood out to me was the part about dialogue. I've been trying to incorporate dialog into my story and sometimes it's difficult to make it flow. I feel like this chapter taught me skills that I can use as I continue to write my storybook.

Writing


Bibliography:
https://content.library.pdx.edu/files/PDXScholar/empoword/96/#zoom=z

Comments

  1. Joanna,
    I haven’t taken the opportunity to check out other classmates Story Lab posts until now. Yours is informative in the sense that it shows in your own words, to some degree, how you have grown as a writer over this semester by acknowledging your turn back to the basics with the content in the weblink. Great job. I wish you the best. Write on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 13 Story: Gandhari's Story