Reading Notes: Brook's Mahabharata Part A

For my reading notes this week I chose to watch the film adaptation of the Mahabharata. I enjoyed this version because it was interesting to see it in the form of a movie. The movie contains people from all different cultures. Vyasa tells the story of the three women who Bhima wins. One leaves because she is love with another king. Their husband dies and the two women have to sleep with Vyasa to have babies. One baby is blind and the other is pale. The pale one, Pandu, is cursed and if he sleeps with his wife he will die.His wife Kunti has a special mantra. She calls down the sun God and has a baby with him. I liked the way the movie is easy to understand and fun to watch. I'm looking forward to watching more of it.

Film Adaptation of Mahabharata


Bibliography:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENh1hxkD6E&t=0m5s
Title:  The Mahabharata
Director: Peter Brook
Scriptwriters:  Jean-Claude Carriere and Peter Brook
Year: 1989

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 13 Story: Gandhari's Story